Puerto Galera, Philippines
May 6-21, 2017
This is our second trip to El Galleon. Phil had been to Asia before, but it was my first time. On the first trip, I remember thinking that diving in the Philippines was akin to diving for the first time again. After diving a few years, you forget the awe of your first ocean dive. It was so much fun to experience it again. On the first dive, I could not capture enough of it. It seemed to be the same with everyone, because many commented that they had never taken so many pictures on one dive. The reef was just so colorful. The fish were similar but different. There were creatures we had never seen before and didn’t even know what they were. Yes, we had seen frog fish before, but not 10 inch high frog fish! The variety of Nudibranchs was incredible. So small and yet so intricate. The wonder of it all was just inspiring.
Accommodations will be at the El Galleon Beach Resort, which is located in Puerto Galera, Philippines. Travelers will have an option between the Sea View Rooms and Poolside rooms. The resort is built on a hillside, so the Sea View rooms require some climbing on uneven stairs up to those rooms. The view is great, but the poolside room is easier on the knees. All meals are provided by the on-site restaurant.
Asia Divers is on-site and will provide the diving services. Quite honestly, this was one of the most organized and best dive operations we have ever experienced. The gear room is spacious with a cubbie provided for each diver. The dock was expanded just before our last trip and was well designed. Each boat is divided into two groups with each dropped at a different site. The dive guides were very knowledgeable and very attentive to the group, pointing out all of the neat stuff. The dive package includes up to four boat dives daily.
Tokyo Side Trip
We plan to stop in Tokyo, Japan at the front end of the trip for a few days (see itinerary below). There may be some time on the last day to explore Manila as well.
We will not be doing group air on this trip since the interested divers are not all leaving from the same location. Flight suggestions will be provided upon your registration for the trip. If you would like more information on the flight schedule, call for details.
- Three night accommodations in Tokyo, Japan at the Marriot Hotel
- Ten Night Poolside or Seaview Room at the El Galleon Beach Resort (double occupancy)
- Three Meals Daily at Arthur’s Restaurant
- Up to Four Boat Dives Daily
- Transfer to and from the Manila Airport (Land transfer of 2 hours and boat transfer of 1 hour)
- One night accommodation at the Manila Marriott Hotel near the Manila Airport.
- Taxes and Service Charges
- May 6 – Fly to Tokyo arriving on May 7
- May 8-9 – Explore Tokyo
- May 10 – Fly to Manilla and transfer to Puerto Galera
- May 10-20 – El Galleon, Puerto Galera
- May 20 – Transfer to Manila and overnight in Manila
- May 21 – Fly home
- $3,000/diver and $2,215/traveler in a Seaview Room plus airfare (double occupancy)
- $2,900/diver and $2,115/traveler in a Poolside Room plus airfare (double occupancy)
- Call for single rates and airfare quotes.
Visit www.asiadivers.com to discover more about the resort, diving and Puerto Galera.
Deposit of $500 per person is required to register for this trip.