Wreck Divers will tell you there’s nothing like your first sight of an old shipwreck, full of mystery and history at the bottom of the sea. In completing the PADI Wreck Diver specialty, you’ll get to experience that feeling diving four different shipwrecks. With only one classroom session, most of this course will be spent diving. In this course, you will develop the skills and knowledge necessary for safe and fun wreck diving. You will learn:
- Wreck diving techniques and hazards
- How to learn the history behind shipwrecks
- Wreck diving equipment considerations
- Planning and organizing wreck dives
- Wreck entry techniques
What Is Involved? There is self-study, one classroom session, and four wreck dives involved with this course. You will learn and practice the skills necessary to dive shipwrecks.
- Self-Study – PADI Wreck Diver Manual, DVD, and knowledge reviews must be completed before the dives.
- Classroom – Your PADI certified Wreck Diver Instructor will review what you’ve learned on your own, go over knowledge review questions, and help you prepare for your wreck dives.
- Wreck Dives – Under the supervision of your instructor, you will perform skills underwater in a series of four wreck dives. You will be required to map out a wreck, tie and run a dive reel into a wreck, practice wreck entry and exit skills, and more.