Underwater Navigation is one of the key tools you will need anywhere you go diving. Whether your plans are to dive in lakes or tropical ocean destinations, this class will prepare you for navigating those scenarios. Mastering underwater navigation will make your diving much more enjoyable, less stressful and build your confidence in the water.
In this class you will learn the tools of the trade, including navigation using natural clues and by following compass headings.
What is involved?
- Self-Study – You will need to review a small manual, complete the knowledge reviews, and watch the Underwater Navigation DVD before the class time.
- Underwater Navigation Dives – Under the supervision of your instructor, you will perform skills at depth in a series of three open water dives
During three scuba dives, you’ll practice:
- Methods to estimate distance underwater.
- Compass navigation while making at least five turns.
- Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface.
- Underwater map making.