A diver comes to the surface, screaming in panic. Do you know what to do? A diver comes to you for help. His buddy is missing. What do you do? In the Rescue course you will learn how to respond and how to prevent this sort of mishap. Some of the techniques you will learn in the PADI Rescue Diver course are:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment (AED and oxygen delivery systems)
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- Missing diver procedures
- In-water rescue breathing
- Dive first aid
- Surfacing the unconscious diver
- Underwater emergency management
These are just some of what will be covered in this demanding and comprehensive course. You’ll be amazed at how much you will benefit from becoming a Rescue Diver!
What Is Involved?
- Self-Study – A textbook and video are included in this course. Required reading, video, and knowledge reviews must be completed before each class.
- Classroom – Classroom usually consists of four evenings in which the instructor will review homework, discuss rescue techniques, and demonstrate procedures for students to practice.
- Rescue Dives – Four dives, completed in one weekend, are required for completion of this course. In-water and out-of-water techniques will be reviewed and demonstrated under the supervision and guidance of your instructor. You will put into practice all that you have learned in the classroom and will also respond to diving emergency scenarios.