The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring. Although you’ve been scuba diving at a site many times before, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you’ve wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up for the PADI Night Diver Specialty course. You will learn:
- Light handling and communication techniques.
- Entering, exiting and navigating in the dark.
- Identifying how plants and animals differ or change behavior at night.
What Is Involved? There is self-study, one classroom session done at the lake, and three night dives involved with this course.
- Self-Study – PADI Night Diver Manual, DVD, and knowledge reviews must be completed before the dives.
- Classroom – Your PADI certified Night Diver Instructor will review what you’ve learned on your own, go over knowledge review questions, and help you prepare for your night dives.
- Night Dives – Under the supervision of your instructor, you will perform a series of three night dives.