April 11-26, 2020
The Magic Island and Magic Ocean Resorts are sister resorts located near Cebu in the Philippines. We will be staying at both the Magic Island (Moalboal area) and Magic Oceans (Bohol area) Resorts for five nights each. During the transition between resorts, we will be diving and snorkeling along the way to include a dive with whale sharks. Each resort is on a different island in the Philippines and each offers different types of diving.
Magic Island Dive Resort is located in the quiet southern part of the Moalboal peninsula. Moalboal offers a variety of marine life to include pygmy seahorses, sardine bait balls, and even thresher sharks. On the beautiful house reef you will see the famous mandarin fish, nudibranch and turtles.
Magic Oceans Resort is located in Anda on the island of Bohol. Diving in Bohol offers a mix of walls, coral gardens and sandy muck diving – something for everyone. Magic Oceans also has an easily accessible house reef.
Update: We added an additional side trip to the beginning of this trip to Taipei, Taiwan. This portion of the trip does not include any diving, but will be exploring Taipei and that area.
- 4 night stay at Cosmos Hotel Taipei (includes breakfast only)
- 5 night stay at Magic Island Dive Resort in a superior deluxe bungalow
- 5 night stay at Magic Oceans Dive Resort in a superior deluxe bungalow
- 1 night stay at Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino in Cebu (includes breakfast
- 10 days full board at Magic Resorts
- 8 days of unlimited diving with up to 4 boat dives per day
- Free Nitrox
- All Airport Transfers
- Free WIFI
- Hotel taxes and service charge
- Food (except for breakfast) and Incidentals in Taipei and Cebu
Participants are responsible for arranging their own airfare. Call for assistance in arranging your flights. Flight costs are approximately $1,250 in Economy or $1,800 in Premium Economy as of this writing (1-3-20).
- April 10 – Arrive in Chicago on the evening of April 10 for an 12:30 am flight on the 11th to Taipei
- April 11 12:30 am – non-stop flight to Taipei
- April 12 05:00 am – Arrive in Taipei
- April 12-15 – Cosmos Hotel in Taipei (4 nights so we can check in when we arrive) – Explore Taipei
- April 15 07:00 am – flight to Cebu. Arrive at 10:05 am. Transfer to Magic Island Resort
- April 15-20 Magic Island Resort
- April 20 – Transfer to Magic Ocean Resort with a stop in Osolb to dive/snorkel with whale sharks and stop in Cabilao for another dive.
- April 20-25 – Magic Ocean Resort
- April 25 – Transfer to Cebu. Overnight at the Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino
- April 26 11:05 am – Fly back to the US
- $2,975/diver and $2,175/traveler (double occupancy)
Visit https://magicresorts.online/ to discover more about the resorts, diving and the Moalboal and Bohol areas.
Deposit of $1,000 per person is required to reserve your spot on this trip.